Friday, February 3, 2012

I Can't Get No Satisfaction


I'm not through with this ribbon yet, but I think I'm going to stop where I am.  I am not sure what it is that I do not like about it, but from the first layer where I changed colors I've just not been satisfied.  Part of it I believe is that I should have broken the color change up instead of doing it with the pattern as I laid it, but the middle segment of color looks stripey to me.  The two colors of blue are just so far apart that when it's stitched it gives the appearance of having stripes.  I thought as I stitched in the additional layers it would be less apparent.  I will admit that I am happier with it now that I've begun to stitch the third color (of the three colors in the ribbon--blue, red/orange and orange/yellow).  I am going to stitch in the next ribbon and see how the two look side by side, but I may end up ripping out the lower two thirds of this ribbon.


The lighting here isn't great, but you can see the stripey effect a little more clearly here.  There was a bit of this effect in the second ribbon (the green and red) but I don't think it's as pronounced as it is here.  This is a diagonal stitch so I only used two strands here, one of each.  In the green ribbon I used three and actually had four color breaks because of that.  I'm still amazed at the effect that tiny little accentuate has.  Here it is tying down the orange/yellow long stitches.

Hopefully my opinion will change as I stitch that next ribbon because this will be a booger to remove!

2 comments:

  1. HUGS! Been there, ripped out, felt better in the end.

    If you hate it now, you'll always hate it in my experience, but MAN! What a pain to remove...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are right, but the woman who leads our stitching group always says not to be so hasty. I'm trying to head her advice...at least until I see how this next ribbon looks against it (or til I have a better idea as to how to do it).

    ReplyDelete