Monday, January 30, 2012

Minor Part--Huge Impact



Yesterday, my husband and I watched The Greatest Game Ever Played.  As we watched I finished up the third ribbon which was really quite tedious.  As you can see from this picture, the finished product is lovely, but I am glad that ribbon is behind me.

I also took the time stitch the plaited cross on the cross stitches in the second ribbon.  What can I say but “Wow!  What a difference that tiny little thread makes.”  Much like the character of Eddie Lowery in the Greatest Game Ever Played, this piece just wouldn’t be the same without the Accentuate.  Eddie Lowery was Francis Ouimet’s caddy in The Greatest Game Ever Played, a young man of only 10 years old.  He was full of one liners that kept Francis’ mind on the game and not on those who would see him fail, a cheerleader, so to speak.  As you can see by the following pictures, this tiny little thread has a great impact on this ribbon.
Before...

After...























I’ve also started the fourth ribbon.  My color combination for this ribbon is blue/red orange/yellow orange.  I’ve only just begun, but I’m  eager to see how that plays out.  More pictures to follow!



4 comments:

  1. How large is Noshi Ribbons? It looks quite daunting! Is it on canvas or Congress cloth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noshi Ribbons is about 18x24 and it is on congress cloth. It really is quite daunting, but that is what I am looking for right now. So far it is working up just gorgeous though I have my doubts on this last ribbon. In the end I am sure the effort will be rewarding.

      Delete
  2. Do you order it from The Edwardian Needle? Are there different colorways?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe our local needlepoint shop ordered these for us. Toni, or someone he chose, drew them off. Because it is a study in the color wheel, I'm afraid it only comes with one thread choice...which incorporates all the colors on the wheel. You can, however, stitch it on black or white congress cloth. Originally, I had hoped to stitch it on black, but I'm glad now that I'm doing it on white.

    ReplyDelete